Friday 30 March 2018

ELMS: French driver line-up for Duqueine Engineering in LMP2

Duqueine Engineering steps up to the LMP2 class in the 2018 European Le Mans Series with a Gibson powered Oreca 07 and a completely French driver line-up. 



Yann Belhomme's team moves up to the top class of the championship after acquiering Norma at the end of 2017.  After announcing their participation in the LMP2 class for the European Le Mans Series, Duqueine Engineering has unveiled a talented completely French crew, composed of Pierre Ragues, Nelson Panciatici and Nicolas Jamin. This strong and powerful trio is looking forward to competing together on European races and will bring all their experience to the team. This first season will be a learning experience and each member of the team will be keen to gain as much experience as possible on the use and operation of the car.

Yann Belhomme, Team manager
"I am very excited about this new ELMS season in an LMP2 category, which we will discover at the wheel of this Oreca 07 that has proven its abilities in endurance racing. We have a competitive crew composed of three distinct profiles just waiting for the opportunity to assert themselves on the track! Nico Jamin is a professional driver, fast and very sharp on a technical level. He’s been working a lot on simulators, and we will work hard together to make the simulation model of our new car as perfect as possible.

I am delighted to work with Pierre Ragues. He has a huge experience in LMP2, especially driving an Oreca. He is one of the fastest and most experienced silver drivers in the competition. And finally Nelson Panciatici, needless to talk about his top speed in LMP2. 

Nelson Panciatici
"I have had three amazing seasons with Duqueine Engineering and being present for the team’s participation in LMP2 makes me very happy. I won my first ELMS title in 2013 with Pierre Ragues, and it is good to be back in the same line-up with him this season and we will give Nicolas Jamin the warmest welcome we can. The ELMS competition has never been as dense as this year and we will make efforts to fight relentlessly to achieve positive results."

Nicolas Jamin
"I am extremely happy and eager to start this 2018 season, which will be full of opportunities for me! After the last 4 years I spent in the United States, I am proud to return to this side of the Atlantic ocean and focus my career on endurance. This season is a real turning point in my professional career and I feel ready for this new challenge!"

Pierre Ragues
"I am absolutely delighted to join the Duqueine Engineering team and proud to announce my return to the ELMS Championship that I particularly enjoy. Teaming up with Nicolas and Nelson is very motivating and I can’t stop thinking about the title we won in 2013 with Nelson! I really like this new challenge lot and Duqueine Engineering has really showed professionalism and competitiveness these last seasons, so I can’t wait to be at Paul Ricard for the official tests."